My photo
Stories for my three heroes.

Tuesday, March 03, 2009

TALKING WITH ABANG

Aku pandang kepada Abang. Dia sedang duduk di depan meja menyelesaikan kerja sekolah dia. Aku tau dia sedang mendengar. Aku beralih dan duduk di birai katil Abang.

'Well, friendship is just not for the good times. It's for all times, in good and in bad. It calls for responsibility too. It will also always demand a judgement call on the friendship. If a friend committed a transgression, do you forgive and let it go. Or is it impending upon you to not let it go and correct it for the sake of friendship. Or is by letting it go means that you treasure the friendship more.

Sure! Everyone is disappointed sometimes by friendship. You are hurt by it. But, do you go ahead and remain friends.

That's the true test of friendship. You see man is by nature a social animal. They need to relate to someone, outside the immediate circle of close family members. We connect to each other in society in a conscious way.

I don't have the answer, Bang!', aku celoteh kepada Abang.


'So, what do I do now?', tanya Abang.

' Well, may be I can give my views but you have to make the call. I think that Ipod is a thing that you really cherished. We gave you that for your birthday last year because you really wanted it. Even if you friend took it just to tease you, he should be responsible now that it is broken, intentional or otherwise. I guess he should be responsible enough to do something about it', aku menjawab.

' He said he is going to look for the person who broke it', Abang berkata dan menoleh kepada aku.

' I think he should be responsible because he took it from you and left it at the lab table. I think you should tell him that. See how he would reply', aku menambah. Susah jugak pada aku sebab mereka juga la kawan-kawan baik dia di sini. Aku yakin kawan Abang cuba mengusik Abang tetapi terlalai dan menyebabkan kerosakan kepada IPod tersebut.

' Should I tell the teacher or his parents?', tanya Abang.

' Hmm, I am sure that would put him in more trouble than he already is. But, it may be necessary, if he remained ignroant of his responsibility here ', kata aku.

Abang mengeluh dan menyambung kerja sekolah.

Aku faham dilemanya. Abang memang sangat menghargai(kedekut) akan barang-barang dia sendiri. Tapi, dia juga sangat setia bila sudah memilih kawan. Jadi dia tak tentu memikirkan dilemanya. Telan mati emak, luah mati bapak. Gitulah.

' Anyway, why don't you tell him first about that responsibility part. Let him mull it over. Maybe, he would be responsible enough to do something honorable. We see from there, OK ', aku memujuk Abang dan bangun menuju ke pintu bilik.

'OK, thanks Ayah', Abang menyahut tanpa menoleh. Kepalanya masih mengadap buku sains.

'Sure Bang. By the way, I like your posters here. Wish I had the same when I was your age', kata aku sambil melihat sekeliling dinding.

Abang menoleh dan berkata, 'You can do it now. Probably not. Your room mate won't allow it, I think', jawab Zaim tersenyum.

'Probaby so, Bang. Finish your work, OK', aku terus berjalan ke luar bilik Abang.

No comments:

Post a Comment