My photo
Stories for my three heroes.

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Sometimes when the night gets too cold..


Sometimes, when the night gets too cold, I would just wake up and I remember.

I remember the day the damn bike just would not do what I want it to do. The day the damn brake just would not grip strong enough. The day the stupid handle would not budge to the left enough. The day the stupid truck would not stop long enough.

I remember holding you. But, I don't know what to do. I don't know how to keep the blood to stop flowing from your bloodied everywhere. I don't know how to keep you awake and your eyes to open. I don't know how to keep you labored breathing to continue or to last longer.

I remember holding close but losing you at the same time.

And, on those nights when it gets too cold, I remember hugging your warm body getting cold. I remember my warm tears running down my cheeks and falling on your face getting cold.

I remember your warm smile telling me everything will be alright.
But, they never did.

So every night when it gets too cold, I will hold my body warm and I remember.


Natasha Wong :
Forever in memory




No comments:

Post a Comment