My photo
Stories for my three heroes.

Friday, March 17, 2006

PUPPETRY

Abang telefon masa aku tengah minum teh tarik kat Warisan petang semalam.
'Ayah have you left the office?', tanya dia.

'Yes, you want me to help you with homework tonight', aku bertanya kepada Abang.

'No, but can you stop at Speedy and get a cassette for me?. Master of Puppets, do you know?', tanya Abang lagi. Dah tentu aku tau. Itu lagu signature Metallica, kumpulan heavy metal yang aku dengar dua dekad yang lalu. 'Ok', jawab aku ringkas.

Kat rumah sebelum aku serahkan album Master of Puppets kepada Abang, aku bagi lecture dulu.

'You are going to listen to a heavy metal music. These people are know for being rude, rough and nasty. They do drugs and drinks alcohol. They keep long hairs. But, they are also musical genious. I warn you not to follow their bad behaviour. Maybe the long hair a little bit is ok. But, listen, the lyrics of their songs sometimes contain bad words so I don't want to hear you using them, ok?', aku ceramah kat Abang. Aku perasan Nenek macam terjegil mata kejap bila aku sebut pasal rambut panjang tu.

'Ok, Ayah...' Abang tak banyak soal.

'And, ...I bought you a CD too cause this one has ... Justice for All and One, which are better than Master of Puppets' , kata aku sebelum naik untuk mandi.

Aku jeling ke Ibu. Mata Ibu menjeling ke siling.

No comments:

Post a Comment