My photo
Stories for my three heroes.

Monday, October 02, 2006

WHITE WASH

'Ayah, why must it be white?', tanya Adik ingin tahu.
'I just paint it white because the old color is white. So, it is easier, Dik', aku jawab kepada Adik sambil terus mengecat batang-batang besi untuk meletak pasu bunga.

'Did you plant all these trees too?', tanya Adik lagi.
'Yup', jawab aku pendek sambil terus meneruskan kerja.
'And i planted all those bendi trees that just coming out from the ground', tambah aku melihat Adik tidak lagi berganjak.
Abang pulak mencelah, 'The one at the side? Aren't those weeds?'. Zaim tersengeh.
'No, Abang. Its a kind of vegetable. You don't eat veggie, so you won't know', aku jawab. Muka aku berkerut.

'Ayah, is Ibu making you do all these? Are you being punished?', tanya Abang lagi.
'What's make you say that. I am doing this for myself. Just thought I want to do something different with my time', aku berhenti mengecat dan memandang ke Adik dan Abang. Banyak benor soalan mereka ni. Bukannya nak menolong.

Aku tambah,' In fact, after this I am gonna dig a hole for the Bunga Raya. You guys can help me there'.
Mendengar ajakan aku, Abang cepat bangun dan menjawab,' Err.. I think my show is starting. See you Ayah!'.
'Yea, see you Ayah', Adik pon menyahut.

'Hey, I thot you guys are interested', aku mengusik.
'Hehehe... some other time, Ayah', Abang berjalan tanpa menoleh dan cecepat masuk ke dalam diikuti Adik.

Aku senyum melihat mereka melangkah. Aku sambung balik mengecat.

No comments:

Post a Comment